Here’s a simple stylish eBook template for use with LibreOffice (or OpenOffice) Writer. I created it from scratch after being disappointed at the text styles and layout of the free templates I found online.
eBook Template Description
A stylish template for creating professional eBooks in LibreOffice Writer (or OpenOffice). Very easy to use with self explanatory contents, easily configured and infinitely customizable.
Comes pre-configured to create a stylish ebook layout, including front page, table of contents (auto-updatable), chapter headings, header, footer etc.
Make a professional and very stylish eBook in minutes, then use LibreOffice to make your PDF (with File/Export as PDF…) and you’re done.
eBook Template Features
Clear stylish layout, with samples included (see image for examples) including:
– cover page
– table of contents
– Heading 1: chapter heading
– Heading 2: subheading (listed in contents)
– Heading 3: subheading (not in contents)
– drop cap at start of chapter
– set title, sub-title, author using File/Properties
– page header ready for your logo
– page footer with pagination
– easy “eBook” styles defined for: text, captions, bullet list, numbered list
– high visibility quotation style (with drop cap)
– high visibility highlight style (in shaded box)
– page footer & footnote style
The template file is protected by copyright, but free for use as follows:
- eBooks: you may use the file to create your eBook(s), and then make modifications to those eBooks without limitation (no need to credit me in your eBook)
- Sharing: you may share the file with anyone, by email, upload to any website, or any other means of distribution, provided the file has not been modified or renamed, and no charge is made for the file.
- Bundling: you are permitted to bundle the template file as part of a commercial product provided the product contains the following message alongside your own copyright and license information: “Portions Copyright (c) 2011 theWebalyst.com”
- Derived Templates: you may modify the template file to create derived eBook templates, provided that you retain the message at the bottom of the front page exactly as it is in the unmodified template file (i.e. the message which directs people wanting more eBook templates to http://theWebalyst.com).
Please let me know if how you get on and if you create an eBook let me know if you’d like me to link to your eBook. It would be great to put up a page of eBooks that started from my template!
Need Help With Your eBook?
I’ve written many carefully edited and formatted reports for presentation to demanding clients, as well as producing my own eBooks for distribution online, website authoring, graphics work and so on. Part of my work is coaching and tutoring people with computer and marketing, so I am an ideal person to help you create a professional eBook.
I can show you how to create a great eBook with readily available free software, and some guidance from me in eBook authoring, use of the tools, and help gaining skills as needed.
Get in touch if you would like help with your eBook or any other computer skill or problem. Read more about: computer help services